Somatic Health Retreat with Fiona Soma
March 19, 2020 - March 23, 2020
TRE® or Trauma & Tension Release Exercises, is a somatic body based practice for anyone suffering with stress, anxiety, trauma or PTSD.
It overcomes language barriers as it is a process that doesn’t require talking about the event, feeling or issue. We do a series of 7 easy stretches, stressing the muscles of the lower body, and building up a little shaking in the legs. We then lie on the floor, and encourage these natural vibrations to move through the body, without trying to control them. Most people enjoy the sensation; for some, they report a physical or emotional release, without becoming overwhelmed in the process.
The TRE® mechanism, or shaking ability, exists in all mammals and humans. It is the body’s most organic and natural way of unravelling contracted or tight stress patterns, as well as reducing the charge of stress hormones and un-healthy chemical build up, bringing the body back to homeostasis.
It is recommended for anyone who:
- Feels stressed, anxious or traumatized
- Feels pain, inflammation or tightness in their body
- Is exposed to or has witnessed other people’s trauma
- Is living with health, financial, family, housing, addiction concerns
- Is being, or has been exposed to war, violence, suppression or abuse
- Is resident in a country of cultural, religious or generational trauma
- Is working in a difficult or challenging situation that requires conflict resolution
- has been involved in a vehicle or work related accident
- has been involved in a natural disaster
- Has been diagnosed with PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Fiona specializes in Somatic Health, with a focus on sexuality and relationships. She encourages us to safely explore methods of movement and play with forms of vibration as a way of understanding ourselves better in relation to the world. Through curiosity, we are led though simple, yet healing processes that bring balance back to all body systems. She is a TRE® (Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises) Global Certification Trainer, presenting in Thailand, Romania and Southern Africa. She practices and teaches Taoist Energy techniques and meditations, and has created ” Nectar – Sexual Wisdom & Alchemy”, a practical, safe and accessible program, practicing the transformation of Jing Chi (sexual energy) for health and lifestyle benefits. She has contributed to Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Shape, Women’s Health and O Magazines, and is currently in publication with her first book on “Healthy Sexual Secrets“.
Fiona has worked, shared and studied with some inspiring people including Master Mantak Chia, Caroline Myss, Wayne Dyer, Bill Kauth , Liz Koch and her TRE® Mentor, Dr David Berceli. In her practice she also includes, Chi Kung, Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist Visceral massage), Kinesiology, Breath work, Psychic Surgery and Craniosacral therapy. These approaches aim to uncover deep- seated blockages, which may manifest as persistent health difficulties.