- This event has passed.
An Introduction To Teaching
March 26 - April 10
In this course you will deepen your knowledge of the bikram series by studying and learning teaching ques, studying functional anatomy of all the postures and get a nice background on the lineage of this series; including yoga philosophy. This training is sure to be playful and informative as it is led by Lydia Wright and Francisco Morales-Bermudez.
Born and raised in the Rocky Mountains, Lydia has a strong passion for physical sports outdoors. She discovered the bikram series as a small child when her mother was practicing it at home with the book. Later in her 20’s she rediscovered it while living in San Francisco. As it has helped her heal injuries from a car accident, she has been dedicated to always learning more and sharing her love of this healing and accessible practice to anyone who is willing to listen and try. She has been the proud owner of 2 schools for over 11 years and now having only one for almost 16 years. She stays connected to the bikram method family that exists all over the world by giving retreats and often judging at international competitions. A hallmark of Lydia’s teaching is to make things understandable and FUN!
Born in Lima, Peru, Francisco Morales-Bermudez moved to the U.S. in his early teen years when his mother sought better medical support for her failing health. As a part of her wellness journey she started to practice yoga, which had a lasting imprint on Francisco.He is a certified teacher in the lineages of Bikram/Bishnu Gosh and Sri Dharma Mittra (500 hr. level) Over the years, Francisco would go on to co-create Acro-Yoga and found Synergy Yoga in the mid 2000’s. With a deep love and pride for his Peruvian roots, Francisco started leading tours to Peru in 2006, laying the foundation for Synergy retreats. Today he resides in the Sacred Valley of Peru and continues to lead retreats and yoga teacher trainings.
He is a certified teacher in the lineages of Bikram/Bishnu Gosh and Sri Dharma Mittra (500 hr. level). He describes his first yoga class in 2001 as “coming home.” An advertising writer by day, Jack also finds guidance in the teachings of Swami Sivananda, B.K.S. Iyengar, Paramahansa Yogananda, Patanjali and Lao Tzu.
Participants will receive:
- Part of the MyYoga Community “that you will cultivate through your teacher training experience”
- Applied Yoga Anatomy “how it applies to your yoga practice”
- Modifications of asana for all bodies, specific injuries, and pregnancy
- Philosophy – Introduction to yoga philosophy
- Incorporate Teacher Training lessons into your personal practice & teachings
- At completion of the training you will have the tools to teach a 90-minute 26 & 2 class
- Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Teacher Certification
- Applied Yoga Anatomy Manual
- Yoga Teacher Training Dialogue – The dialogue we use is a living document that serves as a resource for trainees. We encourage them to express and find their voice to connect and develop empathy with where each student is in their practice.
- T-shirt as a memento of the training we shared
- Housing at the D’Alijo Yoga Retreat Center
- Exquisite vegetarian meals (three meals a day)
- Roundtrip Transportation from the Airport to the D’Alijo Yoga Retreat Center
- Extra massage treatments
- Extra excursions